Monday, September 8, 2008

Who I am and why I'm here.

I’m not a accountant, I’m a engineer who is currently employed in a different trade. I have never taken any economic courses but I’m trying to become a self taught financial guru. I enjoy trying to improve my budget every month so that I can keep our financial situation strong. Hopefully by blogging daily I can keep my goals in perspective and see how I doing. My goals and reasons for starting this blog are to:

  • Keep my spending on track.
  • Pay off our only debt right now, which is the mortgage.
  • Build up my RRSP savings.
  • Build up my emergency fund.
  • Cut down on grocery spending.
  • Make menu planning a must do.
  • Make daily exercise a must do.
  • Allow for some quality reading time.
  • And, the most and important right now, is to plan for our retirement at freedom 55!!!!!!

No comments: