Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Visiting old friends.

Yesterday was a very busy day. The couple who purchased our old house called to see if we wanted some Damson plums from the tree which we planted about 20 years ago. My better half and I jumped at the chance to gather these plums because they make the best jam ever. The jam is very tart and again, it's one of my grandmother's old recipes. We made a double batch which took us more than 3 hours in total to do but it was really worth the time and effort. Yum!!, that was the end result and they make great X-mas gifts.

We also received a call last night from another of one of our old neighbours who now lives in Nova Scotia. She wanted us to visit her at the cottage she still has in Mill River. So, today, away we went went with goodies in hand (jam and veggies from the garden). We had a great visit with her and her son and she made us a delicious corn chowder for lunch. We are both greatly blessed to have great long time friends.

This week has just been flying by. Vacation will be over soon. Don't you just hate the thoughts of that!!!!!! We have been making crafts for a benefit auction this week and I'm really hoping they bring in a whopping amount of dough when they go under the hammer. We'll post the pictures of our handy work sometime soon.

Better Half is cutting the lawn right now and I'm going to go and make the salad for supper. It's going to be made with mesculin lettuce, feta cheese and watermelon served with a basalmic vinegar and oil dressing. The rest of the meal will be baked P.E.I. potatoes and BBQ chicken wings. Not really a dieter's supper I guess but, what the heck, we are on vacation and it doesn't look like we will be traveling this time around. Maybe in October, which is my favorite month anyway. I'm a real Halloween person who goes all out carving Pumpkins and decorating. I just wish Martha Stewart would find me.

No comments: