Sunday, September 7, 2008

Pickling up-date.

It was a busy week with pickling and gardening and entertaining. The chow recipe was not the best so I guess I'll be surfing for another. Too bad though, it's very time consuming chopping all the vegetables and cooking it to have it not turn out the way you remember your Grandmother's tasting.
My better half did most of the chopping, which was really a big help. He loves the smell of it all cooking in the house.
Our garden is the best ever and we have been really benefiting from it this year along with all our friends and co-workers who have been receiving all the overflow. We had some friends over on Friday and we cooked a great meal for them. Honey Garlic Pork Roast and Fried Rice with Peach and Blueberry Crisp for dessert. No one went away hungry.
It is pouring down rain right now and my better half is a little pissed because the satellite dish is out again, as always, when his Formula 1 racing is scheduled... urg!
In a couple of weeks I go back to work after being off for 4 months due to medical issues and I wondering what it will be like as I was not enjoying the area I was working in for the last 5 years.
I have asked to be moved to other areas of the plant but no such luck. Not when you're good at what you do. Maybe after being off they will change their minds ( ya and pigs fly, right?) The company itself is really a fantastic place and has so many interesting areas through out that you go all goggle eyed trying to take it all in.

No comments: