Friday, September 19, 2008

Pumpkins make me happy!!!!

Well, it's my last week of freedom because Monday I return to the HELL HOLE. The Human Resources department called this week to tell me that my shift, which was supposed to be evenings only, was being changed to days(because I've been "OFF FOR SO LONG", as they put it.) Ok, its not going to be a warm welcome back by that tone.

Anyway, the rest of my day was GREAT. I found the perfect pumpkins in our garden to decorate our house for Fall. Our sunflowers have done fantastic and I'll post some pictures soon. The weather is really getting cool in the evenings, and I know that frosty nights won't be too far away. Better Half is cutting the lawn right now and then we are going to make a Chicken stir fry with veggies from the garden and left-overs of the fried rice I made earlier in the week. YUM!!! It will likely be a hot dish as we both like spicy food and we planted a lest 12 hot pepper plants. They have started to turn very red so we have strung them up and are letting them dry for later use. This works very well, we are still using up last year's chilli peppers.

Tomorrow I'm going shopping, I haven't been outside of the house for 5 days. You certainly don't spend money this way. Actually, we have managed to still save money while I have been off, which is hard to believe, but it just shows us that we can survive on less than we think.

No comments: