Sunday, March 1, 2009

Tim Horton's

Wake up CANADA it's that time again.....Rolllll-up the rim to win! This is just soooo Canadian that I'm (beaver) dam(n) sure that all the other coffee shops must really suffer. In this neck of the woods we have lots of coffee shops. I think Vicki Gabereau from the CBC once reported on this (really). Anyway, this is one good thing about living in Canada, you get to go to Timmy's. I think that's what we should use for the 2010 Olympics motto. Hopefully they are sponsors.

This hasn't been the best week for me. I'm pre-arranging my Grandmother’s funeral, and I'm really finding this hard. Not about the choices or money, etc. that’s involved, I just find it hard to think of her not being around us anymore.

This lady is amazing in more ways than I can express. She has shaped the way I look at life. We all want to live more frugally but that was an everyday way of life for my grandparents and I just happened to be lucky enough to realize this and learn all their great skills. Gardening, baking, cooking, and preserving are all skills I learned from them. My Grandmother will always be famous for her Mustard Pickles.

I guess today is just an extremely hard day. My Father would have been 75 years old today. He passed away four years ago and I really can't do this post anymore. I'm sorry, too many emotions and I can't see the keyboard anymore through the tears.

No comments: