Friday, February 26, 2010

Olympic Gold and New Desktop

Wondering where the Witch has been? Well, I've been glued to the t.v. every night, from the minute supper is over until I fall asleep or go to bed (not necessarily the same thing). Yeah, I've got Olympic fever, and I've got it bad. Figure skating, luge, bobsled, curling, speed skating even hockey! Men's and women's, are just as good. And they've done great, lots of medals and more to come. I really hope that everyone is enjoying the Olympics, our athletes have worked really hard to get where they are. I'm very proud of them! The woman's bobsled team was awesome. The women's curling team are getting ready to play the Swedish team right now for the gold medal and I'm going to go watch as soon as I finish this post.

Foxy Roxy is on my desktop this week.

I have updated my sidebars with a few new blogger friends that I hope you will enjoy visiting. Oh, and my desktop picture this week is Foxy Roxy. Bye for now. Remember, "Go, Canada, Go!".

4 comments:

Canadian Saver said...

I've watched quite a bit too... was very impressed with the bobsled and also with Joannie Rochette.

Lots still to come this weekend :-)

The Witch said...

The women's gold medal game is just finished and the Canadians unfortunately lost in the extra end. Great effort, though and you've got to admit that silver is still mighty impressive. Great job, girls!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I've been totally hooked on the olympics too!! Everytime I think one event is my favorite, another one would be on, and I'd get wrapped up into that--I've also enjoyed hearing all about Canada, some of the history reminds me of Alaska.

By the way, I saw an owl the other day, first one this year--It was sitting on my bird feeder at dusk.

The Witch said...

Hey, Kim, are you ever lucky! We've never had an owl that close to the house. In fact I've never seen one in the wild, myself although Hubby did once. We followed the call of one through the woods one day for over a half an hour and he managed to spot it in a tree. I was looking in a different area and missed it. By the way, were you able to identify what kind of owl it was?

Congratulations to the Canadian men's curling team on their great win tonight. Undefeated through the whole games! Way to go!