Sunday, October 11, 2009

Thanksgiving and Inspiration

Wow, another big Turkey dinner with all the trimmings. I spent hours in the kitchen this afternoon peeling and mixing and baking while Hubby worked away outside in the yard harvesting and digging and transplanting. A friend at work had given us a bunch of Tiger lily and daylily bulbs and we sacrificed some of the iris bulbs in the holding garden to make room for them. It’s not like we are going to run out of irises anytime soon, we have hundreds of them (another gift) but unfortunately, they are all the same colour and they tend to dominate that garden when they are in bloom. Besides, I’m sure that we can find lots of people to pass them on to.



So, while he was busy doing that I was swirling around inside doing the “Domestic Diva” thing. Yes, I made turkey, stuffing, all the veggies, the condiment tray, and pumpkin pie and lots of pumpkin tarts, too. Oh, and dishes, lots of dishes. I did five loads of dishes between breakfast and dinner. I also made some Witches Broom Halloween treat bags which I had seen in a Martha Stewart magazine a couple of years ago. Thanks Martha. It has been an extremely busy day.





Now that supper is over and Hubby is downstairs cleaning up the kitchen (I couldn’t bear to look at any more dishes) I thought I’d share a few of the “Words of Wisdom” that I keep on my desktop blotter calendar.

“When you come to the edge of the light that you have been given and are about to enter darkness,
Know that one of two things will happen.
Either your foot will find firm ground - or - you will be taught to fly.”

“We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.”

“Vision without action is a daydream
Action without vision is a nightmare.”

“Before crazy met insane.”

“Winners quit all the time, they just quit the right stuff at the right time.”

“Teamwork: Simply stated, it is less me and more we.”

“ ‘STRESSED’ Desserts spelled backwards.”

“At God's footstool to confess,
A poor soul knelt and bowed his head.
‘I failed ‘ He cried. The master said. ‘Thou did thy best,
That is success.’ “

And my favourite:

“Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.”



Man, I hate that.
Happy Thanksgiving, all.

1 comment:

Gill - That British Woman said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. I love the photos you have taken for this post.

Thanks for the advise on the green tomatoes.

Gill