Thursday, October 1, 2009

I'ts October, my favorite month.

Man, I can't believe it's October already.

We went apple picking last week and the Honey Crisps are just perfect. We picked 6 pounds and will probably be going back for more because I'm eating 2 apples a day and I still need some to freeze. We also picked some Cortlands because they are really good baking apples. I couldn't wait to bake an Apple Crisp which I did on Sunday. I added some toasted almonds on top of the oatmeal crumble mix and, well, it was delicious. Martha Stewart, if you are reading this blog I'm still waiting to hear from you.

We also started to decorate outside for Fall and inside (well, lets say I've been doing that for months!). Just sneaking Halloween stuff in here and there. I have my outside Plastic Pumpkins lit up every night. Today I bought a few more pumpkins from the guy down the road for our outside display but I still have 3 really beautiful ones growing in my own patch. I've babied them so much I hate to pluck them from the ground.



The fox in the picture was just having a snooze at the side of the road last Sunday as we were driving home from apple picking. As you can see it was a warm and sunny day and he was feeling so lazy that Hubby was able to frame up a nice shot before he decided to drag his (the fox, not Hubby) bum off into the bushes.



Hope you enjoy the pics.

1 comment:

Canadian Saver said...

The pictures are great, thank you for sharing!

I LOVE Honeycrisps!!! I wasn't sure they'd be ready yet so haven't visited the nearby orchard... I think I'll use the $50 gift certificate I won this summer to buy them :-)