Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Rememberance Day

On the eleventh month of the eleventh day at the eleventh hour it is time to remember all the veterans and peacekeepers who bravely fought for the freedom we enjoy today. I think about this more and more as I get older and realize how much these men and women truly gave and believed in to make this a better country. I thank-you.

Haven't blogged for awhile I guess I have been just too plain lazy. Lately, I haven't had a lot of
energy and I think that just comes with this time of year. Today it's cold, windy and raining, not a promising day.

I've found some interesting sites on Geo Caching and I'm dying to try this game out. I found some great areas close to home but I'll have to wait to get a GPS to join in on the fun. Something for me to look forward to in the New Year

Went Christmas shopping yesterday as I had the day off. Got a few nice presents but mostly just stuck with gift certificates from their favorite haunts. Seems like such a waste to buy these and mail them while they will be doing the same for us. What we do to keep family happy.

Oh well I should be happy I have my family, I just wish at times we didn't live so far away.
I'm trying to get this finished early this year so I can start my Christmas baking. I really enjoy the baking and decorating the house and tree but the rest is so commercialized it can really spoil the season and meaning of the holiday.
Not like Halloween!!!!!

No comments: