Saturday, February 7, 2009

100 Questions


1. Started your own blog - You can read it here if you want.

2. Slept under the stars - Ask the better half about the time he locked himself out of the new house.

3. Played in a band - no musical talent at all!

4. Visited Hawaii - no, but even better, we have been to Vancouver!

5. Watched a meteor shower - my neck still aches when I think about leaning back that long to watch.

6. Given more than you can afford to charity - on occaision.

7. Been to Disneyland - no, but we have been to Canada's Wonderland, all the rides but no scary mice.

8. Climbed a mountain - Grouse Mountain in Vancouver.

9. Held a praying mantis - amazing the things you will pick up when you are a kid!

10. Sang a solo - see item number 3.

11. Bungee jumped - not in this lifetime.

12. Visited Paris - Paris, Ontario... that's what you meant, right?

13. Watched a lightning storm at sea - no, but watching lightning on the internet is much safer!

14. Taught yourself an art from scratch - yes, several different types of handicrafts.

15. Adopted a child - nope, is this in the same category as holding a praying mantis?

16. Had food poisoning - and not that long ago.

17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty - we live in Canada, we have been to the top of the CN Tower!

18. Grown your own vegetables - every year for the past 25 years.

19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France - we are waiting for her to show up here in Atlantic Canada.

20. Slept on an overnight train - yes, back when it used to take 2 days to get here.

21. Had a pillow fight - come on, what kid hasn't done this?

22. Hitch hiked - all the time, before we could drive, and while it was still(?) safe.

23. Taken a sick day when you were not ill - it is called "playing hooky"

24. Built a snow fort - as a Canadian citizen, it is required by law.

25. Held a lamb - no, but I did pet a goat last year. Does that count?

26. Gone skinny dipping style - you should have seen Hubby's face go red when he heard this!

27. Run a Marathon - no but, I do walk a couple of kilometers every day and I did carry the torch in the cross-country run for the 1988 Olympics.

28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice - nope, never been to Italy.

29. Seen a total eclipse - we watched it through pinhole cameras out in the backyard.

30. Watched a sunrise or sunset - both, actually.

31. Hit a home run - sure, but it was a long time ago.

32. Been on a cruise - we used to cruise up Yonge St. every weekend.

33. Seen Niagara Falls in person - yes, both sides, in summer and winter.

34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors - yes, we're living here now.

35. Seen an Amish community - bought a beautiful quilt there that's still on our bed 30 years later.

36. Taught yourself a new language - html counts, doesn't it?

37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied yes, but there's always something else to buy.

38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person - see item number 28.

39. Gone rock climbing - climbed a glacier once, too.

40. Seen Michelangelo's David - sure, there's pictures of it everywhere.

41. Sung karoke - see items number 3 and 10.

42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt - only on TV.

43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant - I have bought some strange meals in restaurants though.

44. Visited Africa - I was in the African Pavillion at the Toronto Zoo on several occaisions.

45. Walked on a beach by moonlight - lots of times.

46. Been transported in an ambulance - no, thankfully.

47. Had your portrait painted - not painted, but it was sketched once.

48. Gone deep sea fishing - oh, yes! I jigged alot of cod in my days.

49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person - see items 28 and 38.

50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris - haven't been to the top of any tower in Paris.

51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling - evry time we go to the beach in the summer.

52. Kissed in the rain - lots of other places, too.

53. Played in the mud - and my mother was not happy.

54. Gone to a drive-in theater - yes, while we were dating. Don't remember much about the movies for some reason.

55. Been in a movie - I'm still waiting to be discovered.

56. Visited the Great Wall of China - no but it is on my to-do list for this week.

57. Started a business - we did have a craft business for a while but it was pretty small.

58. Taken a martial arts class - I'm saving this for my retirement.

59. Visited Russia - nope.

60. Served at a soup kitchen - not in the kitchen but I did volunteer at the Salvation Army for over 10 years.

61. Sold Girl Scout cookies - no but I did buy a lot of them.

62. Gone whale watching - it was on the itinerary for our trip to Nova Scotia two years ago but we skipped it.

63. Got flowers for no reason - yes, lots of times.

64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma - yes, but let's not talk about needles or I'll get light-headed.

65. Gone sky diving - I find that the airlines frown on jumping out of their planes.

66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp - no.

67. Bounced a check - I'm way too financially responsible to do this.

68. Flown in a helicopter - no but I'd like to.

69. Saved a favorite childhood toy - Ben, the growling teddy bear is still in my bedroom.

70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial - no.

71. Eaten Caviar - no but I have eaten lots of lobster roe and tamale in my days.

72. Pieced a quilt - I haven't finished them yet but, yes, two.

73. Stood in Times Square - nope.

74. Toured the Everglades - never been to Florida.

75. Been fired from a job - I've had a lot of different jobs but I've never been fired.

76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London - never been to England.

77. Broken a bone - dislocated my shoulder, too.

78. Been on a speeding motorcycle - no, but I have sat on one parked in my driveway.

79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person - I do know people who have, does that count?

80. Published a book - I'd have to write one first, right?

81. Visited the Vatican - see items 28, 38 and 49.

82. Bought a brand new car 1980 Chevette, 1980 Z28, 1990 Firefly, 1996 Ram and 2000 Civic. Damn, that's alot of money!

83. Walked in Jerusalem - haven't done anything there.

84. Had your picture in the newspaper - it didn't bring me the fame and fortune that I was expecting.

85. Read the entire Bible - I'm not into bestsellers.

86. Visited the White House - I'm waiting for my invitation from Barrack.

87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating - cod and mackerel, both were pretty tasty.

88. Had chickenpox - still have a faint scar on my forehead from one.

89. Saved someone’s life - only my own.

90. Sat on a jury - no, thankfully, the pay sucks.

91. Met someone famous - met Joe Clark, onetime Prime Minister of Canada in a shopping mall once. Someone had to tell me who he was.

92. Joined a book club - nope, not much of a joiner.

93. Lost a loved one - several, but Reggie and Spook are in my thoughts every day.

94. Had a baby - had a baby what?

95. Seen the Alamo in person - no thanks.

96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake - salt makes me bloat.

97. Been involved in a lawsuit - who would want to sue me?

98. Owned a cellphone - still got it though it only gets used 1 or 2 times a month.

99. Been stung by a bee - little bastard got me right between the toes.

100.Read an entire book in one day - does 'Horten Hears A Who' count?

No comments: