Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Secret Santa

Secret Santa
(photo above stolen shamelessly from Buttons, Ribbons And Other Things)

Way back in October I came across “Serendipity’s Guide To Saving” while doing a little surfing. She was writing about “The Bloggy Secret Santa Project” and it sounded like such a great idea that I signed up right away. It looks like about 3 dozen others were interested, too. I’ve been waiting for the email since then to find out who I would be sending gifts to and just yesterday I got it. The matchup is just perfect, as far as I’m concerned. Great job, Serendipity!

So I was doing a little spying on my recipient’s blog and it turns out that she has already put up a list of her interests and what she would like to receive and it made me realize that maybe MY Secret Santa would appreciate the same thing from me! Well, here goes!

• If you are crafty, any home-made goodies would be great.
• Home-made jewelry made with beads, sea glass or other found pieces.
• I love all earthy colours but my favourite has always been purple.
• Anything to do with owls, I’m just crazy about them.
• Dark chocolate covered almonds, mmmmm.
• I love gardening and all plants, too.

I want to give Serendipity a big thank you for organizing this. It was just what I needed to put me in right frame of mind for the upcoming season. My brain is just buzzing with all kinds of ideas, now. I’m going to have to get busy if I’m going to make the deadline!

7 comments:

Jane said...

I know, I know!! I just got my name yesterday too and I've been thinking about it all day! Isn't it fun? I haven't been this excited about Christmas in years!
Let the countdown begin!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

It does sound like fun!! I love 'Secret Santa' because it really does put a little spark in your holiday doesn't it? (And sometimes it's only a spark that you need!)

I hope all is well with you!!

Marguerite said...

Secret Santas are so fun, what a great way to start the season.

Anonymous said...

Hi Witch! I have been so busy with life and hiking here...lol...that I haven't been posting many comments and I'm sorry about that. I'll do better from now on! I like this secret Santa thingy....how FUN! Postage to and from Japan is NUTS so I won't join anything like this...I just sent a 4 lb package to my daughter in Afghanistan and it cost me almost $70 USD to mail!!!! Of course I paid yen but it was around 70 in dollars...

Have fun with this and be sure to take pictures of your gifts!!

Gill - That British Woman said...

I can't wait to see what you receive and what you give, what fun.

I can't believe your hubby went straight back to work after his surgery, he must have been on light duties, was he?

Gill

Cindy said...

What a great idea I only wish i had of found this sooner. Well I'll be watching closer next time. Love your list

its me, sam said...

Witch, I nominated you for an award... dets on my blog...