Sunday, September 12, 2010

Pumpkins Anyone?

Pumpkins for sale, cheap!
I’m starting to decorate already because we were out driving in the country and look what I spotted. There were lots and lots of pumpkins in every size and colour. Naturally I had to check them all out and give them a though inspection before I chose two (for now). Since that drive I now have 4 pumpkins, they just multiply I tell Hubby.


I couldn’t resist stopping to see this display, and buy pumpkins, too.
While we were driving around we stopped a nursery to see their fall mums and we found these goats and their climbing tower. They were more interested in eating their hay than climbing up to see the sights, though. Anyway, I thought you might enjoy some pictures of our little day trip and where I have placed my pumpkins.


Goat’s eyes are just weird.

The nursery built this climbing tower to keep their goats entertained. You used to be able to winch some feed pellets up to the top which would encourage the goats to climb up but it seems to be gone now.

When pumpkin season starts the flowers just get shoved aside!
I’m sure there will be lots more to come in future posts because Fall (it starts Sept 23) is my favorite time of the year and on that’s the day I start to decorate the inside of our house. Traditions are hard to break on Witch’s Island.


The front flower barrel gets a pumpkin, too.

5 comments:

Canadian Saver said...

Love the pictures!!

It's a great time of the year, I love wearing long sleeves, adding an extra layer on the bed and taking long, hot baths at night (vs cool showers to cool down) before bed...

Don't look forward to snow, but we should be at least 2 months away from that........

Nakamuras on Saipan said...

Autumn, my favorite time of the year-even though we don't have autumn here. Always, around the end of August I start to have "fall feelings" hard to explain-but I feel autumn in my bones...I decorate our apartment with fall leaves (fake) and get out the "plastic" pumpkins.......I am SO much looking forward to living in a land where they have seasons...absolutely can't wait...love your pictures.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

HELLO!!! I have somehow missed your last couple of posts and I think I'm all caught up on your blog now! You have gotten some beautiful produce and everything you've canned really looks delicious!! Its been a long time since I've had any chow-chow and will now have to look for it at some of the farmers markets.

I also enjoy picking out the right pumpkins for our house. I'll look over countless ones until I find that perfect one! I'd heard though that a bad growing season meant there was going to be a shortage for us which will put canned pumpkin at a premium!

I hope your weekend is ending on a good note!! THANKS for stopping by my blog and your kind comments, I always enjoy hearing from you! Take care and have a good week!!

Stella Jones said...

Loved looking at the pumpkins and the gorgeous scarecrows. I also love this time of the year.
Blessings, Star
http://awitchabroad.blogspot.com

The Witch said...

Hopefully we are more than just a couple of months away from snow, please, please!

People are funny. We always seem to want what we don't have. I don't know how many times I've considered the coming of winter not with anticipation but with fear of power outages, ice storms, driving in blizzards and getting storm-stayed at work. Maybe when I'm retired I'll be able to appreciate the experience of the changing seasons like Mrs. Nakamura but for now all I can think about is how nice it would be to cut winter out of my calendar!