Tuesday, August 25, 2009

It's been a great Summer


I know it has been quite awhile since I last posted but I've been having such a great summer that I really didn't feel like wasting any of those beautiful days inside at the computer. The BEACH was way more important! And wine at the beach was even better in the shade under my new umbrella.


Our gardens have all done beautifully and we received a lot of complements towards all our hard work. Hurricane Bill did do some damage but not as bad as it could have been. It tipped over some obelisks and the pea fence but they were easily straightened. The only victims were some pole beans and a few tomato branches.







I guess summer is starting to wind down and now that my sunflowers are starting to all open in full bloom, and the Pumpkins are bright orange I feel a tinge of fall in the air. Hopefully not too much of a tinge because we haven't started our vacation yet and I'm really getting excited. We are renting a cottage for three hopefully sunny days right near the beach. We are planning to do some canoeing, hiking, biking, swimming,and lots of eating and drinking. Maybe not in all that order. The place I have booked looks beautiful and has lots of views of the ocean and river. I can smell the ocean now and hear the waves crashing on the rocks. Let's hope that the rain keeps away!

That's it for now. I've posted some pictures of our gardens and hope you enjoy them.

No comments: