Friday, October 10, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

I'm really enjoying my 5 day weekend. YA HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Oh, did I scream that out loud.

Work has been busy and I'm back training a new recruit in the dept. Same old shit, just a different day.

Yesterday, the Better Half and I went for a drive around the neighbourhood and took some fall pictures. The weather was at least 70 degrees, which is a great Indian Summer day. The trees where pretty much picture perfect. All in all, it was a great day.

For Thanksgiving dinner I made an apple pie, 2 pumpkin pies and some butter tarts. Then we cooked a turkey with all the fixings and yes, all for just for 2 little piggies. There are lots of left-overs to freeze plus we will be eating turkey for the next couple of days. Gobble Gobble.

Its times like these that make me feel truly greatful. This is what I feel everyone needs to focus on. I'm so great full for certain things
1) My husband, he is my rock!!
2) Our family and friends
3) Our health
4) Our home
5) Our Financial situation, which is good right now.
6) Being Canadian and living on Witch Island.
7) Having a job, though this area needs improvement down the road.

Boy, when you sit back and read all this, we our truly blessed.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving Day and don't forget to vote tomorrow, your vote may just change the outcome of our great country.

No comments: